Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Tasty Treat for Cheap

So I must say I found a really tasty soup on girlmakesfood.com that can be made in just a few minutes!  It's a kale and lentil concoction that only took me about ten minutes to put together.  It's essentially onions, carrots, lentils and fresh kale made in a vegetable broth base.  I totally recommend it to anyone who's just wanting to make something in a pinch; but I'd definitely suggest slicing up some serrano peppers for that extra spicy kick.  Only problem I found with this stew is that it's pretty light on the tummy.  If you want to make it more filling I'd say add more lentils or accompany your meal with some whole grain bread; other than that, this definitely tops my list of quick, easy and healthy meals... and did I forget to mention cheap?  Ah yes, cheap as well.  If you're on a shoe string budget, the ingredients for this meal can all be bought for less than $10 bucks.  Now just you wait for my all day labor of love homemade protein bars tomorrow; that's a story that'll have you laughing. 















One more thing: a glass of wine always makes a meal even better.  ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment