Tuesday, February 25, 2014

An Explosive Mix

So this morning I was awaken by the sound of leaf blowers and lunacy; I took my early morning wake up call to cook up a breakfast and have leftovers for a fresh lunch at work.  Like I've said before, most of my work meals are pretty generic plates of just veggies and the such thrown together; the only difference today was that it would be a fresh basic hodgepodge of things!

I've come to learn that I love making pan seared meals.  In fact to me, there's nothing easier and quicker to make than tossing some things in a pan and just seasoning away.  The only thing I had to really wait for was the rice cooker to keep up with the pace, aside from that I just started tossing things in my flat cauldron.  This morning's culinary piece consisted of rice, serrano peppers, a half dozen mushrooms, half a red onion and half a tomato. Hmm, can you really halve a tomato and expect it to stay fresh later?  I guess I'll find out.  If it doesn't turn into jello by tomorrow morning I'll be able to recycle it into another plate.

The meal turned out pretty tasty for a spontaneous breakfast, but to continue the rude awakening kind of morning I'd been having with the leaf blowers and such, my cooking feat would come back to haunt me.  I ate just enough to put some leftovers in tupperware for work today; the tab you can rack up on meals can be ridiculous sometimes.  I decided to give my food one quick shake in its new plastic prison, when BAM!!!  Rice and veggies flew everywhere!  My kitchen looked like a garden massacre had just occurred.  Needless to say, I was short time and rice, so I found myself dumping another $9 bucks on a meal.  Womp womp!!  My victory this morning was short lived but oh was it ever so tasty!


A random side note: I realized that I didn't blog on friday about the meal I made.  It was just a simple spaghetti concoction I had come up with along with more serrano peppers and mushrooms.  Anyone notice what I have in abundance from the farmer's market yet?  I forgot to take a pic of it, but I'm sure it doesn't take too much imagination to see what it looked like.  Since it was really on the fly, I didn't have much time to be creative, but the next time I make pasta I'll sure snap a pic of it for all of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment