Friday, February 21, 2014

Bake Bake Fizz

Well when it comes to dieting and experimenting, you win some and you lose some.  My no bake cookies turned out to be a bit of a flop; instead of cookies I ended up getting mounds of grains, banana and coconut.  I'm missing a key ingredient in there no?  Oh yes, chocolate!  Well I tried to find some non-dairy chocolate at my local supermarket and that ended up being harder than I first thought.  Well with all my creative culinary wisdom, I decided to buy shredded coconut thinking that it would make a good substitute.  Let's just say it didn't pan out the way I wanted to; I tried to bake them and yea..... I got some warm coconut smelling pseudo ball shaped things instead.  WOMP WOMP!!  Oh well, next time I guess I'll have to hunt down that chocolate. First prize goes to the most mutant name I could give these dough rejects!



Today I decided to cash in my cheat meal card and had some mexican food.  It was delicious!!!!  But here's the irony.  No matter how enjoyable a meal is to me outside of my vegan goals, my stomach just feels horrible after my scarfing.  I've come to realize that it's a bit masochistic of me to eat these once a week carnivorous meals, so I guess I may just scrap them all together.  The jury's still out on that.  I don't know if it's because my body has gotten done with all the processed materials found in alot of our food, but my stomach hasn't been upset since I've been on this diet; it only feels horrible when I stray from my vegan goal. 

I guess it's a sign from above that perhaps I should stick to my non-processed foods.  A question does come to mind however that I'd like to throw out there: if our stomachs get upset with conventional meals after going vegan, does it alarm anyone that perhaps it could be all the chemicals/hormones found in our everyday food that could be the culprit?  Thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment