Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 7 of Being a Venturing Vegan

So I don't know if it's been the snow and cabin fever, but for whatever reason I haven't been too hungry.  Before I get to today's tiny menu, I'll share what I had last night.

I was in the mood of making some kind of stew; so what else can you do when you're snowed in but come up with a concoction surprise?  I managed to create in my cauldron a soup made from rice, cilantro base, black-eyed peas, a bit of salt, ton of red pepper flakes and cumin.  Add in there some sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms and you get this:

Even though it looks ummmm... interesting, it was actually pretty tasty except the fact that I made enough for an army.  So I got a part deux sampling of it today for lunch as well.  As a small side dish though, I tossed in some plantains and oven baked brussel sprouts. :-) 

Today was supposed to be my free meal day; in other words I can eat whatever I want just once.  Since tomorrow's Valentine's Day, I decided to postpone my moment of gluttony until VDay.  Putting my inner oinkage aside, today was pretty basic: some maple sugar and cinnamon oatmeal with almond milk for breakfast.  One thing I've become a fan of are the Kashi bars for in between meal snacks; the Pumpkin Spice Flax ones are delicious!!!

As for dinner, I didn't want to repeat a second helping of my invention the same day, so I settled for some lentils, rice and veggies.  Blame it on the weather, but today was a pretty simple on the vegan trail.  I hope though to enjoy my free meal tomorrow and perhaps some sweet toothing!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment